• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hi all

Started by ffrcoupe, July 09, 2011, 02:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffrcoupe

I'm looking at a 6 Rack Digital Smoker and are excited to take the next step into smoking food.

I have made and used an Alton Brown flower pot smoker that works ok but I'm ready for a more complete automated system.

I made a pork butt for the 4th and everyone said it was the best q they have ever tasted. :)

I do have a few noob questions.

1 - What does PID stand for? Any other acronyms I should know?

2 - Should I buy a spare heating element or do a 900w upgrade? I'm not planning on getting a PID / alternate controller anytime soon.

3 - If you were to give me "one word" of advice, what would it be?

I am excited about making better food products and making it easier for me to do.

TIA.

Habanero Smoker

Hi
Welcome to the forum.

1 - What does PID stand for? Any other acronyms I should know?
Here is a link to many acronyms: Acronyms

2 - Should I buy a spare heating element or do a 900w upgrade? I'm not planning on getting a PID / alternate controller anytime soon.
I did the spare element mod and have no problems, can't give any advice on the 900watt. Here is a link to the additional element and other mods
Bradily User Modifications

3 - If you were to give me "one word" of advice, what would it be?
Enjoy!

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ffrcoupe

Thanks for the quick answers Habanero Smoker.

ghost9mm

Hi and Welcome to a really great forum, lots of very knowledgeable people here that are more than willing to help you anyway they can... here is another link that may answer some of your questions, if you cannot find the answer you want, just ask someone will be along shortly to help you...

http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?481-Bradley-Smoker-FAQ-s&p=748#post748
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Caribou

Welcome to the forum :)

Carolyn