• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

sausage

Started by Tim C, November 03, 2005, 12:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim C

Does any one have a good recpie for pepperoni? I would like to make some but cant seem to find a recpie and can I use hog caseings to make them  Tim

Kamanodental

Aloha Tim

I have a couple recipes but dont know how to post it...let me have your email and I will scan it and send it to you via email...

Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

Kamanodental

Tim try this link:

http://www.eldonsausage.com/InfoPages/RecipesSpec.htm

it has a lot of info and recipes

Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tim C</i>
<br />can I use hog caseings to make them
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I don't see why not, depends on what kind of product you are looking for.  If you want sliceable for a meat tray cheese and cracker deal, or for pizzas then that is probably your best bet.  I have only made pepperoni in slim stick form.  I believe this is sheep casing.

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

tsquared

sausage
      sausage
      sausage

That's not what they mean by links, Tim![:D]
T2

Tim C

Thnks guys sorry about the tripel posting but that web site is great all the best Tim

JVR

ritzdeliman

The best pepperoni is usually hung for about 8 weeks and that is if you use the 19 mm sheep casings. If you want to use 29-32 hogs then I would suggest that you hang for half the time then cold smoke for about four-six hours. I have had good luck with this method but then again the climate in Ontario is different, so play around with the times. As far as recipes go, there are lots of different ones the best that I have found is in the home sausage making book by peery and reavis, hope that helps. ritzdeliman

Tim C

Thanks guys for all the help on my pepperoni recipies Iam well on my way this is a great site Tim

thostorey