• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Anyone ever order from Hebert's Specialty Meats?

Started by SnellySmokesEm, July 14, 2011, 10:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

Hebert's Specialty meat in Murice, LA.  My sister swears by there stuff and is putting together an order together.  Has anyone ordered from here before and if so, any suggestions.

Here's there link: http://www.hebertsmeats.com/
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

Anything from those folks is going to be good.  I have never ordered from them but have heard really good things about them.  That last name is fairly common in the cajun land. Pronounced A'bear.

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks KY, I was thinkin' about getting a couple stuffed chickens, some chicken sausage, boudin and andouille.
BBQ Evangelist

DisplacedCoonass

That particular "Hebert's" is about 20 min from my hometown.  (There's no less than 3 other Hebert's on the drive to that one)  They are recognized as THE place to get stuffed chicken's and turducken's.  I don't remember them having so many selections for stuffing as they do now though so I couldn't help on a recommendation on that front.  Their plain chicken sausage is really good as well.

About the only thing I don't recommend is the seafood boudin's.  Haven't found one yet that tastes right after being frozen, thawed and cooked.

SnellySmokesEm

BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

Quote from: DisplacedCoonass on July 14, 2011, 05:32:11 PM
That particular "Hebert's" is about 20 min from my hometown.  (There's no less than 3 other Hebert's on the drive to that one)  They are recognized as THE place to get stuffed chicken's and turducken's.  I don't remember them having so many selections for stuffing as they do now though so I couldn't help on a recommendation on that front.  Their plain chicken sausage is really good as well.

About the only thing I don't recommend is the seafood boudin's.  Haven't found one yet that tastes right after being frozen, thawed and cooked.
And dere you go.  Can't get a better recommendation than that.

DisplacedCoonass

I should probably also caveat my above post with "if the seafood boudin doesn't do well after being frozen, thawed and cooked, I doubt the seafood stuffing's will either.".  This could be personal preference and others may find it delicious but again, haven't found one yet that didn't have an off or over-powering seafood taste.

I would also recommend "Bayou, Boudin and Cracklin" http://www.bayoucabins.com/cafe.htm and see if they'll ship you some of their tasso and white bean boudin.  The texture is a lil grainy after thawing and cooking but the flavor overrides the grainy.  They also sell "cracklin crumbs" which are great for tossing into a corn bread.