• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Seasoning the BS now!

Started by Dedmon, November 05, 2005, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dedmon

I found some posts about the BS about a year ago and have been trying to convince myself to take the plunge.  Today the wife says why don't you go down to Bass pro shop and just get the thing.  (Got to love that woman) So about an hour ago I got the new smoker home and have the seasoning going now.

I would like to do some Baby Back ribs first but that seems to be the least forgiving thing to start with.  I haven't found a lot of tips on their prep any ideas?
Jim

Dedmon

Well I tried the Baby Backs.  It was not a raging success or a total failure.  The dry rub was a bit too strong and I think I smoked too long.  They were almost there on texture but not quite.

Decided to go ahead and get a Guru.  I figure in the end it will be a good investment.  Think I will do a Boston Butt this saturday...
Jim

jb9

I'm a pretty new owner, but from what I read the butt seems like it'll be more forgiving. My first (and so far, only) attempt at ribs was so-so. Temperature regulation can definitely be a challenge, and getting it right will be a big help.

I generally like to err on the side of too little smoke. It's almost always more edible with too little smoke than too much.

There are a million and one rib recipes out there. I recommend looking around the internet as a whole and not just Bradley-related sites. Lots of people smoke ribs. You always have to translate a little to get it to work on the BS, but it usually isn't too hard.

JJC

Welcome Dedmon and jb9!

How did the butt turn out?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA