• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Broke temp. lever

Started by bigtopclowns, November 10, 2005, 11:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtopclowns

Hi, I'm a new Bradley Smoker owner.I've used it about 4 times, and the lever for the temperature control broke off.Have any of you had this problem?What is the best way to fix it.Can just the lever be replaced?Thanks for the advice on the bubba pucks, I just ordered 2 pcks and a cover for my smoker.Sugar Plum

nsxbill

If you bought it new, call Bradley, and they will get a new switch out to you asap.  

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Can just the lever be replaced<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> No it is part of the rheostat. Even if your unit is out of warranty I think you can get a new one from Chez for around 20 dollars. Replacing it is a matter of removing a few screws, unpluging the old one etc...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

bigtopclowns

I bought it new from a dealer in Houston.Do I go to them or to Bradley?Sugar Plum

JJC

Welcome to the Forum, BTC.  Hope when this problem is fixed you'll be able to enjoy your BS and contribute your experiences here.

Assuming you purchased the unit within the past year, I'd check with the dealer first, just because it's quick, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Most dealers don't carry spare parts, and unless you bought it within the past couple weeks I doubt if they'd exchange it for a new one.  The Bradley Customer Service folks are awesome, and if you call them you will probably have your replacement within 2-3 business days.  If it's out of warranty, then Chez is the only way to fly--he'll have the part to you in a few days, too.

Let us know how things turn out . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA