• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hello from Georgia

Started by Smoky123, August 13, 2011, 03:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smoky123

I got my BTIS1 smoker in May for my 40th birthday and we prepared a lot of tasteful foot with it.
Currently I have three nice trout hanging in the box and I realized that my heating element is already out  >:(.
Could it be just a contact issue? Is the element just sitting in a socket or is the wire screwed on?
Thanks for your input
It is always fun to have some smoke in the box!

mikecorn.1

Couldn't resist. You smoked feet in it. WOW. Gonna try that for sure.  ;D. Welcome to the forum.
Mike

ghost9mm

Welcome to the forum, on the element there is a wire on either end of the element, first I would make sure all plugs and connections are tight even if you have to unplug them and replug them.if you have a meter that you can check the continuity of the element, that would tell you the absolute, if the element was bad, and if that is the case call Bradley on Monday and I am sure they will be more then glad to help you...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

As Ghost said you can test the element with a multimeter. It should read 27-32 ohms if it is still good. The wires are attached on each end of the element by screws and nuts. You will need to remove the heat shield and deflector. Then remove the ceramic insulators to get to the wiring..

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Smoky123

Hello, Thanks a lot I will check it in the morning, I just smoked the fish for two hours and finish them now in the kitchen...  8)

classicrockgriller

Welcome to the forum.

You can plug your cabinet direct to socket to see if it is in fact the element.

Just plug it up long enough to feel if element is coming on.

If it comes on then it was a bad connection or something in the smoke gen.

Let us know what you found out.

Smoky123

I took the element out this morning and it is bad... nevertheless the trout turned out good I smoked it for 2-2.5 hours and finished it in the kitchen at 225F.

NePaSmoKer

Welcome

I will be a new GA resident in Oct  ;D

Jim O

Welcome to the Forum.

I'm sure that Bradley customer service will help out with your element problems.

I've never needed them,but hear they're tops !!

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

beefmann