• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Deer Lease Septic System

Started by DTAggie, August 30, 2011, 08:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

OK hunters.  We are looking at doing a crude septic system at the lease.  We have a 5th wheel trailer.  Running water and electricity but need a system for black water disposal.  Looking at burying a 55-gallon drum.  Plan is to bury it a distance away from the camp, and making a small septic system.

Thinking of using PVC pipe to run from trailer and connect to drum.  Drill several small holes in drum.  Bury in hole, surround by gravel, then cover.  Of course have a small exhaust pipe for the drum.  The system will not get used that often.

Any suggestions or comments?

classicrockgriller

We just bury our purforated tubes right in the ground at a angle like a field line.

No problem with odor

DTAggie

Straight in the soil?  No holding tank/drum?  Lines not surrounded by gravel?

classicrockgriller

Caribou

I would go with a dry well.
Google it but it's same thing you are describing: sinking a drum with 1/2" holes drilled into all over it and buried in a bed of drain rock.

Carolyn

SoCalBuilder

A lot depends on what the soil is like. Her in SoCal, we have rocks surrounded with a little dirt. When I plant trees in my yard, I can fill the hole with water and it'll be there long enough to breed mosquitoes.

OU812

viper125

If using a drum probably a good idea to run a couple perforated leach lines for water over flow.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.