• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

8lb Pork Butt need some help from gurus

Started by bozer, September 02, 2011, 05:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Quote from: bozer on September 04, 2011, 07:21:29 AM
Do you guys think I may have messed up by having it get to 200/205 internal? I hope not. I'm hoping that actually makes it better.

Naw, I go to 200°+ all the time.  It will just loose a little more mass, but you won't have any huge wads of fat to pick around.

bozer

Good to hear. When I put the probe in, it felt like I was putting it into butter. ;D

KyNola

As STC said, you're in great shape.  No need to fret.  You're friends are going to think you're a genius.

bozer

Possibly the last question -

I'm pretty sure I could just eat this warm after I take it out of the cooler. But if I need to warm it up, is there a best way to do that? Also, do I need to worry about how long its FTCing? I plan on keeping it in the cooler until we are ready to eat, couple more hours.

KyNola

I have left butts in FTC for 6 hours and still burn my fingers when I went to pull them.

FLBentRider

Quote from: bozer on September 04, 2011, 07:21:29 AM
Do you guys think I may have messed up by having it get to 200/205 internal? I hope not. I'm hoping that actually makes it better.

It will be fine. Relax.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bozer

Well, everything came out phenomenal. When I finally took the pork out of FTC to pull, it was still very hot. It must of been about 3PM, six or seven hours later. I can't believe all this time I was worried about how hard it would be to cook this while sleeping overnight. I will start a new thread and post pics tomorrow.

Incredible how much meat we have left too. I made a bunch of containers to give to family and friends. What's the best way for them to warm this up? Is microwave out of the question? I was going to tell them to get it just warm enough to eat so it doesn't dry out.

FLBentRider

A crock pot is an ideal way to reheat, but i have been known to put it in a bowl with a little vaunted vinegar and nuke it.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

bozer

Some of the pics I took didn't come out good, so I'm not going to post the journey. Here is the final product though

12 hours in the Bradley, 6 or 7 hours FTC

Thanks everyone for all your help on this forum. Up next, Brisket.