• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

OBS Review

Started by RFT, September 17, 2011, 09:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Quinta

Bottom line...any issues I, personally have had, were my fault...I love my OBS...the fun of the OBS is you actually get to experience smoking (I mean monitoring temps...which ain't tough)....I do appreciate the convienence of the digital...but I like to be involved in the process...I may be odd...but I do like to moniter the process...like cooking any other dish...

To me...it isn't cooking if you set the computer and come out when it's done...I like the OBS...but I'm an old fart!!!  ;D

TMB

Just my 2 cents worth......

I bought my OBS last November and have cooked hams, pulled pork, beef roast and even smoked cheese and nuts.    To date no real  problems other than the front plate is cracked and needs to be replaced.

The only problem I thought I had was recovery time. I'm use to cooking with infrared cookers (TBE and SRG's) not low and slow, so this through me off but once Bryan (Head office and Tenpoint5) talked to me about it I knew it was me and not the smoker.  I love my Bradley and look forward to many years of smoking with it and even trading up in a few years (after Kimmie lets me)  ;) 

Bradley service seems to be very good and you can count on it for a long time.

Great smokers and great service  hard to beat.
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Wildcat

Thanks for the PM. I looked at "the other" smoker. It does seem to be a competent, solid machine and worth the money (comparable to the Bradley) but I think I still prefer the OBS. Prior to the Bradley, I used a barrel unit with a side firebox which probably did as well as the unit you mentioned in your PM and was cheaper to boot. IMHO the Bradley provides a cleaner, smoother smoke and cooks fast enough for me right out of the box. Granted, the Bradley does have some quality issues, due to a couple of plastic parts but it is still a good machine for the money involved and their customer service is like none other. I do enjoy reading about the good and bad aspects of smokers, grills, etc., - even when it involves the unit I prefer. Thanks for the input.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/