hello from Victoria!

Started by jsmanson, September 29, 2011, 02:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsmanson

Hi gang, bought a BDS from Crappy Tire in Victoria, just before it went on sale lol!!  I've done some mods already to the unit, of course it's best to do this when it's under warrantee, but anyways, does anyone know how to upload pics to this forum in line with text??  When I select the image button, it just inserts the following:

An empty box, hhmmmmmmm....... 

Cheers!

John

northof60girl

Welcome to the forum and while I have not posted any pics as of yet...I will leave it to a seasoned pro to get back to you on that one....and rest assured you will receive lots of help if and when needed.   :D

devo

Any site that hosts pictures will work for you. What you need to do is upload your photos to something like photobucket. Copy the link that the site will provide for your picture and then come back here ...click on the image button and insurt the link for the photo between the two brackets.

classicrockgriller

northof60girl

Told you someone would be along to help...very wonderful people on this forum!!!

jsmanson

muebe

Quote from: jsmanson on September 29, 2011, 03:06:37 PM
Thanks gang - I used my account on flickr, it sort of worked:

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=24651.0

Flickr does not allow direct linking of pictures. But you can bring your image up to full size on your Flickr page and then right click on the picture and select properties. There you will find the image URL. Copy that and then paste it between the two [img] brackets and your picture should appear.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

jsmanson

let's try this, the full html code from flikr:

jsmanson

It looks like the flickr site no longer permits direct links....  Right clicking doesn't show properties any more it looks like....

muebe

BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

jsmanson

jsmanson

Thanks Muebe!!  Finally got it lol!

muebe

Under the actions tab you need to "View all sizes"

Then that picture will have the URL in the properties. If you use google chrome you can copy the image URL directly. Much easier than internet explorer ;)