Sky Diving

Started by DTAggie, September 24, 2011, 06:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTAggie

Jumped out of a perfectly good airplane for the first time today.  13,500 altitude.  Freefall at 120 MPH for 60 seconds before shoot pull.  What an amazing experience.

Tenpoint5

That does look like it was a Blast!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

Cool

My son does that with a mortar tube and mortars and his rifle. Said like 250 lbs

Sent Via Smoke Signals

Smokin Soon

That smile on your face says it all!

Ka Honu

I spent a lot of years as a military & sport jumper and I gotta tell you - that tandem stuff scares me to death.  You're a braver man than I (but, then again, most everybody is).

muebe

Why leave the ground just to charge back at it at 120MPH?!? :o

Looks like it was a blast! ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

rdevous

A friend of mine at an old job I had, wanted me to go with him on one of his jumps.  He gave me a sports parachuting magazine to look at.  I was thinking about doing it until I got to the monthly page of those who died last month jumping...NOT!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

SouthernSmoked

Now that's AWESOME!!! 8)
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Keymaster

That looks awesome, Is there many bugs that high up? I'm looking at that hat your sporting, it must be padded to protect you from the plane when jumping out ???

hal4uk

WOW!  I always wanted to do that!!!!
But, wifie says it ain't gonna happen.
Dang!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

ghost9mm

Here is how it started with me in 1955 and made my last jump when I was 57 years old with a total of 411 jumps...as a D license holder with jumps in a 11 different countries....at 74 I have not lost my enthusiasm...but my wife no longer wants me to do it...

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TedEbear

Looks like a lot of fun.  My wife says she'd like to try it someday.  I'm more of a land person, although I wouldn't mind riding along at 120+ mph on a motorcycle.

So, how much does a tandem jump cost nowadays?  I might look into getting a certificate for her for Christmas or something.

Quarlow

My sister went threw the school and all that jazz. Went up for a jump. Loved it. Decided to go for another jump the same day with one of the other girls in her group. Sis jumps out, great fall all the way down, next thing she knows the other girl bounces off the ground 50 feet away from her. This girl lived with only a couple of crack vertabrae, a broken arm and 2 broken ribs. They figure what saved her was the fact that they both drifted out of the landing zone and landed in a farmers field which had just been rototilled the day before so it was all fluffed up. Needless to say she left a heck of an impression on my sister cause she never jumped again. I bet you thought I was going to say she left a heck of an impression in the ground didn't you. Ok I am not that crase......well I am but I wasn't going to say it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

DTAggie

Quote from: Quarlow on September 25, 2011, 05:17:45 PM
My sister went threw the school and all that jazz. Went up for a jump. Loved it. Decided to go for another jump the same day with one of the other girls in her group. Sis jumps out, great fall all the way down, next thing she knows the other girl bounces off the ground 50 feet away from her. This girl lived with only a couple of crack vertabrae, a broken arm and 2 broken ribs. They figure what saved her was the fact that they both drifted out of the landing zone and landed in a farmers field which had just been rototilled the day before so it was all fluffed up. Needless to say she left a heck of an impression on my sister cause she never jumped again. I bet you thought I was going to say she left a heck of an impression in the ground didn't you. Ok I am not that crase......well I am but I wasn't going to say it.

Thanks for putting a damper on my new thrill.. Just kidding.  Going again in a few weeks.  Working to getting a license.  I hear all the horror stories and hear all the thousands of jumps with no problems.  Guess you only live once.  Yes that hat is the worse!  and yes, I have driven a motorcycle 120 and my 1972 Olds Cutlass Supreme with a Rocket 350 to about 140 MPH nad my 1985 SVO Mustang to about the same speed!  Love the speed.

Quarlow

LOL just trying to settle your nerves for your next jump Ole Buddy.  ;D ;D ;D :o
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.