Thanks guys

Started by Drac, October 18, 2011, 07:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

I was poking in the freezer last night when I noticed a package of bacon on the shelf.  Store bought stuff but made me in the mood for some BLTs for lunch.

Got it out, thawed and cooked.  Turned out to be the blandest stuff I've had.

Great work guys.  Make some stuff at home, eat good bacon and now the store bought stuff just doesn't cut it.  Now I have to run out and get some belly in and do up some more.

Since it was my first time making it I doubt my bacon compares to the ones you guys who been doing it for years.  What's going to happen when I get good at making bacon? 

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

OU812

Quote from: Drac on October 18, 2011, 07:16:37 AM
I was poking in the freezer last night when I noticed a package of bacon on the shelf.  Store bought stuff but made me in the mood for some BLTs for lunch.

Great work guys.  Make some stuff at home, eat good bacon and now the store bought stuff just doesn't cut it.  Now I have to run out and get some belly in and do up some more.

Since it was my first time making it I doubt my bacon compares to the ones you guys who been doing it for years.  What's going to happen when I get good at making bacon? 

Jim

Eat more bacon.  ;D

iceman

Another one got a whif of the big bacon strip in the sky and got "HOOKED" for life.  :o  ;D
Life can be cold hearted smoked sometimes.  ;)

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Drac on October 18, 2011, 07:16:37 AM

Jim

You will get good at it you will just never perfect it. So you will have to continue to make more
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Drac

I called up my butcher for picking up a tri-tip for dinner (gunpowder) and decided to get a belly while I'm up there. 

Not sure which path I will take with it but it will wait a week since I have an out of town trip next weekend so I have time to plan.

Jim
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories