Restaurant Depot= HOLY $@#%

Started by RIP-ROD, October 20, 2011, 06:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RIP-ROD

Just found out there is one in my town,so I decided to check it out and it is UNREAL. Had to go to my truck and towel off.I am curious if any of you guys have ever purchased pork belly from there and if so is it decent cut? Couldn't get a look at it (it was boxed up and I didn't want to go tearing them open)
Thanks,
Paul

Tenpoint5

Never seen a bad cut of pork belly. They all turn into great bacon around here
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

You mean Restaurant Depot has pork belly?  Wow, now maybe I can make some bacon.   Restaurant Depot has been teasing us in Nashville for a while now.  I think they got the slowest contractor in the area (and no it is me).  Reportedly will open up in the last quarter of 2011.  But let me say - I have my doubts - unless it might be the last week of the year!.  Needless to say - I can't wait.  I will have to take a towel with me.  Love that line Rip.  It will definitely be closer to me than Sams.  Although not in the best part of town - it won't be an after dark jaunt!

Oh my - I feel faint - I will finally be able to make some bacon!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

GusRobin

I am also looking forward to the Nashville opening and can't wait until the day.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

RIP-ROD

Yeah I asked one of the warehouse men if they had them and he led me over to a pallet of them. Skin on and I did not ask if you could split the cases( was trying to play it cool,although I am sure I looked like a kid in the candy store)

squirtthecat

Oh yeah, had a similar experience at the RD in St Louis..  Didn't notice pork bellies, but I will check them out next time!

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

RIP-ROD

I don't know if there is a difference in quality (frozen vs. fresh) but these were frozen . Came from Cargill, which I know nothing about there products.Also not just the meats but here in Louisville 1 Avocado at Krogers is almost $3  when you can get a whole case of them at RD for like 13 or 14 dollars.And there meat selection
OMG :o

Habanero Smoker

I go to the one in Hartford, CT and never notice pork bellies, but I have never looked for them. Next time I go I will definitely keep my eyes open for them.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)