Iron Chef

Started by car54, December 19, 2005, 12:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

car54

I watched Iron Chef last night and the secret ingredient was turkey. Not any turkey but Heritage turkey. When they cut through the breast it was red, not white. I absoluting prefer dark meat on birds, to me it has much more flavor. I will do a web search later to find out more about these Heritage turkeys.

Brad

BigSmoker

ahhhh sounds weird unless it was cured?

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

Habanero Smoker

This peaked my interest. I found Heritage Farms on the web. It you want one of this turkeys, it's going to be one of the most costly Christmas dinners you ever had. Hopefully others have these turkeys for a more affordable price.

Go to this link and click on Heritage Turkeys.
https://secure17.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=hfusa&BusType=BtoC&Count1=533626735&Count2=450767159

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

car54

Smoke house Rob,

That was a good article but what was interesting is that they also have heritage pork, sheep, beef and chicken. I read an article about someone trying to start a BBQ chain but it was dependant on the ability of an adequate supply of "old style pigs" because of the better taste and higher fat content. I do agree that over the years pork has become too lean and less flavorfull.

Brad