• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

anyone west of the rockies may need to buy a clue

Started by owrstrich, December 27, 2005, 12:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

IKnowWood

OK, I am from the Rockies, at least where they end and now live for the last 15 years in North-East Coast.

My guess is Chicken Fried Steak.  Growing up we did this.  I do find this in the north-east.

It might be fried crab patty.  But no sauces or tarter.
Salmon Patty or crab-cake.

My wife would wish soft-shell crab, but no dangling arms and claws.

hmmm, which is it?

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

nodak

I was thinking chicken fried steak also, which could be beef or pork, but figured I would get laughed at for that guess, so glad you said it. Guessing pork with the pig comment.

"If you're not living on the edge, You're taking up way too much room, so get the he-- out of my way."

IKnowWood

Oh, it is pig.  Look at the white discharge from cooking, and the white worm like structures.  It is pork.  and based on the structure, it is real nice sized pork chops or loin like chops.

Its not scrapple, or spam (is that only pork?)

No bone like areas so its solid meat with some fat.

It probably is not ham slices based on the size and discharge and lenght fried.  So..

Chicken Fried Pork Chops?

They look real good.  I am hungary again, this mystery meat / meal question are not good for watching what we eat.  But I don't have any chops.

The Medina's in Maryland's Eastern Shore
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

i dont think its chicken fried steak, theres no gravy. who in there right mind would put ketchup on fried steak? could it be Paw's Chicken Fried Beaver, or rocky mountian oysters? or chicken fried ostrich.

JJC

Whatever it is, I'm heading for the fridge for snack . . . [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

boxertrio

I do this at work (if its the same). Tenderized pork tenderloin?  I dip in milk/egg and then in a flour mix and fry in oil at 350.  Looks the same anyway.

Glenn

White smoke good...Black smoke bad!!
--"Fight back! Whenever you are offered violence, fight back! The aggressor does not fear the law, so he must be taught to fear you. Whatever the risk, and at whatever the cost, fight back!" -- Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper; USMC

iceman

Dang it guys; quit it! I'm hungry again and I just got done supper. Geez how can ya stay thin if ya keep posting good stuff like that![^][^][^]Yummy. I don't care what it is but I know I'd like it!!![:D]

Big or small you can smoke'm all!!!

owrstrich

breaded pork tenderloin...

here is a link to the worlds longest tenderloin thread... no mention of any breaded pork tenderloins west of the rockies...  i have had 8 or 10 of these since returning to the midwest only 25 days ago...

http://www.trackforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25668

you gotts eat...

owrstrich

Thunder Fish

Had them for Xmas eve dinner out here on the west coast, Canada sereved with a nice homemade mushroom gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmm have a couple left over for lunch today........mmmmmmmmm

Oldman

Someday when I get a change I will show you the best fried pork sandwich made from Turkey beast you ever eaten..... but you got to like pepper and garlic... [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Chez Bubba

Hammered pork loin is damn fine eats. Like owstrich said, if you want to peruse the idiosincrancies of gourmet lovers of the tenderloin, follow his link. Ya, it's an Indiana thing, but it is an off-topic thread from a bunch of race fans.

Made right, it will rival anything to ever come out of your smoker. I'd lose the pickles & mustard though, I'm a lettuce, tomato, mayo guy. But if you follow the link, you'll see a whole lot of opinions on the perfect one. Gravy!?!?![:0][xx(]

BTW Iggy, two for you & only one for Micki? You aren't getting selfish in your old age are you?[:D][:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

owrstrich

those are 7" buns... 12oz pounded iowa pig... walla walla onions... vlasic pickles... heinz ketchup and cheap yelloe musterd... and the therd one is fer mickis mom...

tomatoes and lettece and mayo is for blts...

you gotta eat the beast...

owrstrich