Meat mixer recommendations

Started by mfh, November 12, 2011, 06:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfh

So this year I am back from afghanistan and we are way low on sausages and ground jerky since I was away for a year.  I am thinking of getting a meat mixer...I have been unable to find any "deals."  Looking at the ~20lb range manual, they are around $140 (with shipping or local with tax) for the ones that are essentially the same unit with different name plates.

We make at least 150lbs of mixing a year...sometimes even more.  I usually mix with the god given mixers - my hands...but it is painfully cold when working with the large sausage batches (usually 30-40lbs).

Any suggestions? 
Thanks,
Matt 

KyNola

Matt, I got nothing for you on a meat mixer but I just wanted to say thank you for your service.  You make us all very proud.  Very very proud.

devo

Get a hold of pikeman_95 on this forum and ask about his mixer's. He makes a great product and is here to help you out if you need it.

pikeman_95

Mat
I thank for your service to our country and I am glad you are back in good health. I have sent you a pm you might be interested in.

Kirby

MTFiddler

I too thank you for your service and am glad you are home safely, my son is going over in a January. Don't look any where else, you will be more than happy with Kirby's mixer, it is extraordinary.

Lon

ghost9mm

Welcome home my friend, and thank you...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tater

Welcome home!  I have a Cabelas 20 pound mixer that I am happy with.  I have mixed up to 25 pounds of sausage in it but that is the absolute maximum.  It is pretty bulky and I find it a pain to clean so I find myself mixing smaller batches (6 pounds or less) by hand.

Rckcrwlr

Matt,
I have looked also.  I do 150# batches about 3 times a year.

I tried two hand mixers and after all the fighting out and them clean up it was easier to do it the old fashion way, not only that but my grand father was ready to roll out of his grave when I bought the grinder and stuffer.

And thank you for your service.

Sent from my BIONIC using Tapatalk

pikeman_95

Stickbowcrafter

Yep, I've used nothing but hand power as well. Would love a mixer but I have trouble storing all the stuff I have now.

Thanks for your service.

-Brian