• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Kicked Up Cashews

Started by SoCalBill, November 18, 2011, 08:55:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalBill

Did mine last night and learned a valuable lesson.... don't smoke nuts on a the lowest rack. I pretty much lost the back half of the rack as they were almost burnt. The front half was fine and so was the second rack that was on a upper slot.

I also got to try out the Auber for the fist time. The bad new is my heating element went out, but I have two extra on hand and got it switched out before putting the nuts in.

Anyways here they are before they went in. I followed Tenpoint5's recipe, but used Famous Dave's Devil Spit for the BBQ sauce.

and after

mikecorn.1

Nottin wrong with those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Tenpoint5

So how did you like the taste?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SoCalBill

They are really good, and I prefer them to the pistachios.

However they don't have as much heat as the blazing pistachios. Obviously the main difference is the Blazing calls for the juice from pickled jalapenos. Also my choice of BBQ didn't really seem to add much. I'll have to find they stuff you used or try the A1 bold and spicy like another person did.

KyNola

Nicely done.  I learned that you need to rotate the racks every once in a while to keep the nuts in the back from burning.

ghost9mm

Well cashews being my favorite nut those look and sound doable to me...we can't handle to much heat anymore... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Tater

These are going on my Christmas to do list, right along with smoked deviled eggs.  If I don't bring smoked deviled eggs for Christmas dinner I run the risk of being lynched right out there in the barn at the ranch!