• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoker Temp Slider Control Broken??

Started by KennyH, December 17, 2011, 09:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyH

I just bought a used BTS1 Smoker and put the temp on High to preheat the smoker. After the smoker was preheated I wanted to drop the temp down to medium so I could maintain 220 deg. When I try to adjust the temp control slider below High the power indicator light turns off. I have a pork shoulder in the smoker right now and don't know what to do?? Can anyone one please help??

Thanks!!

GusRobin

i am not sure , about the light but you can always put the pork in the oven.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

mikecorn.1

Is the element still hot and is it maintaining temp. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

KennyH

It is hot only when it is on High temp. If I slide the temp down the light goes off and the element appears not to be on. Can I control the temp with the vent?

Thank you for any help you can offer!!

ArnieM

I'd guess that you have a bad slider.  Call or email Bradley describing the problem and see what they can do for you.

No, don't use the vent to try to control the temp.  It's not meant for that.

What temp did you preheat to?  Chances are you can cook the pork with the slider set all the way on (to the right).  I doubt the temp will get much above 230 or so.  Also, as mentioned, you can move the meat to the oven if your oven goes low enough.  Personally, I'd keep it in the smoker.  If the temp gets way too hot (mine never got above about 240) you can crack the door a little.  Turning off the smoke generator after the smoking phase will also help to keep the temp down.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

beefmann

sounds like you  have a bad slider control, call bradley and they  should sent out another

Habanero Smoker

To some extent the vent can be used to control temperature, by opening it vent; depending on what is in the smoker. If it is high moisture, you will want to keep it fully open anyway.

The indicator light dims as you move the slider to the left. In daylight it is often hard to see if the light is on. You may need to cuff your hand over it. If you move the slider half way or further to the left the element will still give off heat, but I don't believe it will  be hot enough to glow. Another thing, when you adjust the heat to lower the temperature, you should make micro adjustments to the left.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)