Dry-cured Pancetta

Started by ExpatCanadian, December 05, 2011, 09:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Quote from: oakville smoker on December 11, 2011, 02:14:22 PM
Ex Pat

I understand your frustration.  Not sure if its the Canadian in me, but I always feel criminal when I go through customs when I am coming
back from somewhere.  I am usuallu guilty to a point, that much i can admit   

Well I know the feeling! I love Canada! Even thought of moving there one time. But the customs always sucked. Now that you need a passport and put up with customs I may as well visit any country. Not very neighborly any more. I would have loved to bring back some of their meats. They have some very good ones. But was always put off by customs.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

NorthShoreMN

thanks for the help.  Pancetta is in wine cooler, i will let you know in about 2 weeks if it turns out.
I live in Grand Marais, MN 40 miles South West of the Canadian border.  Our crossing point to Thunder
Bay.  Since it is about 25 miles closer to drive to T.Bay than to go to Duluth I go there about once a
month.  No Problems at either entry point. I bring sausage and cheese back each time and sometimes
a pork belly or two.  Only meat they will not let me bring back is Lamb. 
Bradley 6 digital, Bradley BCS, TSM 20 stainless, Masterbuilt 30 with cold smoke attachment, BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Q2200,Homemade grill on trailer

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever." Mahatma Gandhi