• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

My first attempt at makin' bacon (Update)

Started by cgaengineer, December 13, 2011, 06:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cgaengineer

Quote from: micman on December 19, 2011, 04:23:54 PM
Did you hang your bacon or lay it on the racks, I would like to do bacon, just haven't really figured a good way to hang it.

Mick

I put it right on the rack...who cares what it looks like! It's what it tastes like that matters!
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

KyNola

Did you hang your bacon or lay it on the racks, I would like to do bacon, just haven't really figured a good way to hang it.
Mick
I have bacon hangers that I have used and I have also just laid it on the racks.  Don't know if it makes a big difference.  This weeknd I'm hanging it just because I haven't hung bacon in a while. :)

Habanero Smoker

That is what I figured. Both the sirloin and chuck cuts don't need to be cooked as high as a brisket.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

cgaengineer

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on December 20, 2011, 02:08:32 AM
That is what I figured. Both the sirloin and chuck cuts don't need to be cooked as high as a brisket.

Sirloin tip makes a good CB but it's a bit drier than using a brisket...but I picked up another last night because they were still on sale.
Weber Genesis (Black) Vertical Gas Smoker (Wanna upgrade to a Bradley), Anvil SLR7012 meat slicer, KitchenAid Meat grinder and sausage stuffer.

cgaengineer

Quote from: KyNola on December 19, 2011, 06:50:21 PM
Mick
I have bacon hangers that I have used and I have also just laid it on the racks.  Don't know if it makes a big difference.  This weeknd I'm hanging it just because I haven't hung bacon in a while. :)

I also dont have a Bradley smoker yet...I'm an illegal alien in the Bradley forum...I would like to get one soon, but for the past 2-3 years I've been playing catch up after being unemployed.