• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

P.I.D. temp vs. temp on the smoker door.

Started by firefigther12000, December 19, 2011, 07:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefigther12000

I just hooked up my PID to the smoker, turned it on and started running it. Set it for 200 degrees.The PID reads 200 where as the temp on the door reads about 190..

GusRobin

Forget the door temp. As any fixed probe it is impacted by heat flow. That flow is sometimes blocked by the meat. Put the PID probe just below the lowest rack with the meat (or whatever you are smoking) and you should be ok.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: GusRobin on December 19, 2011, 07:30:13 PM
Forget the door temp. As any fixed probe it is impacted by heat flow. That flow is sometimes blocked by the meat. Put the PID probe just below the lowest rack with the meat (or whatever you are smoking) and you should be ok.

Ditto!!!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

firefigther12000

Quote from: GusRobin on December 19, 2011, 07:30:13 PM

How do I do this? I put the probe through the top like the instructions say.

TedEbear

Quote from: firefigther12000 on December 20, 2011, 03:59:21 AM
How do I do this? I put the probe through the top like the instructions say.

Feed enough wire through the vent so that it can dangle below the lowest rack of meat.

mikecorn.1

You can also bring it in thru the side by the door seal. Makes it a while lot easier to move racks if you need to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike