• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

hanging sausage

Started by micman, December 20, 2011, 09:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micman

I have a six rack smoker, where is the best place to hang the sausage. If I put it at the top it hangs in the top three rack area, should I move them lower, or is right at the top good enough.

Mick

Keymaster

I have a six rack also, I have usually done mine on the top rack. It seems that if I move them down to the second rack from the top they get done faster, not sure if its because its closer to the heating element or further away from the vent and possible wind. Just as long as they are a couple inches away from the Vtray I think your fine.

CoreyMac

I usually try to keep the rings away from the heat as much as possible, what I found was that the bottoms of the rings got done faster than the tops. In extreme situations (real full loads) the bottoms dried out. They take longer but you get a more uniform consistancy, when they are as far away as you can get them.

micman

Thanks for the quick reply, they are hung from the top rack and receiving smoke as I type. :)

Mick

pensrock

I put my sausage right on the racks so I can rotate them top to bottom and back to front every 1-1/2 hours or so. I get a more even cook that way.

viper125

I usually use trays. Not sure if i need to or not now with the fan mod. But when I hanged before lower always cooks ahead of top. I started tieing two loops one top one bottom when I do hang. That way you can reverse them.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

CoreyMac

Quote from: micman on December 20, 2011, 11:08:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, they are hung from the top rack and receiving smoke as I type. :)

Mick

Those have to be done by now!!    PICS!!

micman

Corey, pics are in sausage section, under smokin in the morning.

Mick ;D