• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Smoker element will not work

Started by James S, December 26, 2011, 12:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James S

Hi, I got the Jim Beam (BTDS76JB) for Christmas, the cooker works but the smoker will not ignite the bisquettes.  Is there something I need to do the first time?  Could it be the heating element?
James S

Habanero Smoker

That would not be the heating element unless you are not getting any cabinet heat.

You need to set the smoker times, and give the heat pad time to warm up. Make sure you are pressing the smoker time buttons dead center. Some times, especially if you have large fingers, they are difficult to press properly.

One other thing, you need to advance the bisquettes three times to move the first bisquetted to the burner.

Oh! Welcome to the forum.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

James S

Hi,
Double checked all the buttons and all the lights are on except the flame icon for the smoker and there is still no heat under the bisquette.
James S

devo

OK some times they get put together so fast the wires inside the smoke generator don't get connected properly or during transportation they have come loose. If I was you I would take the outside screws from the smoke generator off and check the wiring for loose connections. Taking it apart will not void your warrentie as that is what they will tell you if you call costumer service. Most likely its a loose wire someplace.

James S

Thanks, did as you suggested and it seems to working OK now.
James S

devo

Glad it worked out for you. To bad we have to do stuff like this to make a good product work but I guess it goes for anything you buy these days.