• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

new door install any tips?

Started by Rad Rich, December 31, 2011, 08:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad Rich

Gonna put a new door and faceplate on today, any help full hints?
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

ghost9mm

When you put the face plate on, do not torque them screws real tight, I suspect that when these smokers are going down the line being put together, the assembler is using a powered tool to tighten to put these screws into place, and if they are tighten that tight with the power tool then there is no room for expansion, this is just my opinion, I really don't see any other reason for that plate to crack...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Rad Rich

Did a search on feedback and help section of this forum.  Got all the info I need.  Smoking a turkey and a T's tomorrow.
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

RFT

Quote from: ghost9mm on December 31, 2011, 09:15:54 AM
When you put the face plate on, do not torque them screws real tight, I suspect that when these smokers are going down the line being put together, the assembler is using a powered tool to tighten to put these screws into place, and if they are tighten that tight with the power tool then there is no room for expansion, this is just my opinion, I really don't see any other reason for that plate to crack...

I really think it is the weight of the smoker with a load that is causing the slider faceplate to crack.  I cut off the slider faceplate feet and put extra rubber feet on the base of the smoker and have had no issues with faceplate cracking since.
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

viper125

I too after looking at them, think a set of feet attached to the medal instead of the panel. Also a set of door stops are a good thing to install while you working on it.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Habanero Smoker

You don't have to cut the front feet off. Adding the two rear feet to the front will take the weight of the front. Or after the feet are installed you can remove the rubber padding from the front feet for more clearance. I move the Front Feet Modification from the FAQ's to the Bradley Accessories & Modification section, to make it easier for people to find.
Front Feet Modification

Still in the FAQ section:
Cracked Faceplate

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)