• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New years day smoke

Started by micman, January 01, 2012, 09:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

micman

Today I am trying my a whack at my second bacon, The one slab on the left is cured with a little honey mixed in and the other is cured with some whole pepper,(cracked),garlic(sliced thinly) and some bay leaves crumbled up and spread on top. going to do three hour with Hickory so hopefully will have some pics by the end of the day. :)

Mick

OU812

That there garlic herb bacon is gonna be good.

beefmann

ghost9mm

Yes Sir I have to agree with Curt, that garlic herb bacon is gonna be good.
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

micman

Well here is the finished product, I was going to get a picture sitting besides the farm fresh eggs, and squeezed orange juice(squirrel) forgot and ate it before the picture of it all together. :) ;D

Mick

OU812

Now thats what you call thick sliced bacon!

Looks grrrrreat!

Who did the flavors of the garlic herb slab come out?

micman

812 the slab with garlic and herbs is absolutely awesome, definitely  will do that again. I know this might sound un-canadian but we are not fans of maple cured bacon. My wife being a Blue Nose-er allows us the fortune of having the real stuff come to our home here through relatives, we just don't like it in our bacon, so the only way I could get bacon done was to try the garlic and herb route. It's a winner and I think, in home made beans it will be even better.

Mick

OU812

I'm with ya on the maple flavored bacon,,,,,,,,,,,cant stand it.