• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

New Scottish Smoker

Started by Mad for Smoke, January 10, 2012, 12:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad for Smoke

Hello from Monifieth in Scotland Just got a 4 rack DBS for Xmas and have just finished my 1st smoke 2 Boston butts. Great Pulled pork and it did not involve a 14hour flight!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should have done this years ago.
If it looks good and smells good it must be smoked

mikecorn.1

Nice. Welcome aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ArnieM

Welcome to the forum Mad.  Happy to have another smoker around.  Glad the butts came out good.
-- Arnie

Where there's smoke, there's food.

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Georgia Chad

Welcome!  Just curious, is BBQ popular in Scotland?  Are ther BBQ restaurants?  I might sound pretty culturally ignorant here, but I really am not familiar with BBQ in other countries.

La Quinta

Welcome to a Scotsman!!! You will have to clue us in on how you all make the best cold smoked salmon in the world?  ;D

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Waltz

Hello Mad,
I am another Scottish smoker, there doesn't seem to be many of us around on this forum. I live near Aberdeen. I believe there are a few others from the UK. Not sure where you got your smoker from but if you need spares or accessories I have found these people good to deal with:
http://www.grakka.com/ they are the UK agents. I had the problem of a failed heating element you will see mentioned a few times on this forum  and they sorted it out quickly under warranty.
Happy smoking.

Mad for Smoke

Quote from: Georgia Chad on January 10, 2012, 06:40:43 PM
Welcome!  Just curious, is BBQ popular in Scotland?  Are ther BBQ restaurants?  I might sound pretty culturally ignorant here, but I really am not familiar with BBQ in other countries.
Hi there are no American style BBQ restaurants that I know of I got a taste for it on holidays to USA and stumbled across the Bradley smoker while surfing the web now at last I can smoke my own

Mad for Smoke

Quote from: Waltz on January 11, 2012, 03:09:25 AM
Hello Mad,
I am another Scottish smoker, there doesn't seem to be many of us around on this forum. I live near Aberdeen. I believe there are a few others from the UK. Not sure where you got your smoker from but if you need spares or accessories I have found these people good to deal with:
http://www.grakka.com/ they are the UK agents. I had the problem of a failed heating element you will see mentioned a few times on this forum  and they sorted it out quickly under warranty.
Happy smoking.
Hi Waltz
Thanks for the link hopefully will not need it for a while but reading the forum looks like you either get a smoker that lasts a long time or goes after a couple of smokes. Will just have to wait and see good to hear not the only Scot that likes real BBQ

Mad for Smoke

Quote from: La Quinta on January 10, 2012, 11:46:26 PM
Welcome to a Scotsman!!! You will have to clue us in on how you all make the best cold smoked salmon in the world?  ;D
I think its got something to do with the water the whisky the centuries old smoke huts and did I mention the whisky? ;D

beefmann

welcome to the forum and enjoy