• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Another small party

Started by viper125, January 05, 2012, 11:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well Saturdays coming so started smoking two 8 lb. boneless hams and two 8 lb pork butts for pulled pork. Ramping and smoking two 225 degrees. Have the summer sausage also along with all the wife's food. So Saturday all the kids and grand kids and both grand moms and grandpas get their time. Its our immediate family Christmas! It's late for Christmas I know. But it's worth the waiting to get all my kids home at one time!

Made a little mess of the one ham while deboning. But when sliced you'll never know. Well looks like I need to restock any good sales around? LOL

A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Looks good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

devo

You retired guys have all the fun  :)

OldHickory

This is going to be a wonderful party..  Lots of work = lots of fun.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

viper125

Well put two half hams in the top. The two pork butts in the bottom shelves. Put probe in  the second ham. All four weighed around 8 lbs. Dryed for an hour then applied 4 hours of Hickory to them. Rotated two pork butts with each other and two hams with each other. When the ham got to 140 degrees I pulled them. Inserted probe in top butt and it was at 180 degrees. So ended up pulling them too! Put butts in oven wrapped in foil and with about 3/4 inch of apple cider. Pulled at 195 degrees. Cooled and refrigerated all four. Will slice the ham tomorrow for sandwiches. The butts i figure on reheating in oven with cider again foiled. figure 140-145 degrees. Then pull and serve with side sauces. By the way tried Jan's rub on the Ham and the pork butts. Does 140-145 sound ok? By the way I removed fat cap and all the thick fat on both before rubbing.

Finished ham and butts fresh out of smoker.

Had to check it in the last pic. LOL tasted great and the cider really kicked it up!
Inside setup.

squirtthecat

Tasty!  I bet your house smells good.......

SouthernSmoked

I have a comment ................ WOW!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

viper125

Well the Jan's rub was a good plus and the Apple Cider was better then Apple Juice. Every body loved it and my smoke ham got a little attention. But my mom always hated pulled pork. She had 2 sandwiches and then was eating off the plate. Said its not as fattening. LOL Said it's the first pulled pork she liked. Oh and took several lbs of left over pork. LOL Dad loved the Ham but he's 83 and one stubborn SOB. Still says he hate smoked meat. Even though he eats a ton of it. What can you do? He also claims he's not old....but he does do more work then me. And I hope he keeps it up. HA HA HA  25 people and all loved the food.
Inside setup.