Kielbasa dipped into beer cheese

Started by Drac, January 18, 2012, 11:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drac

I know we make and eat large amounts of kielbasa so here is something for Supper Bowl Sunday.

From Chile Pepper magazine -

Yield 4 servings (yeah, right)
2   cups   sharp cheddar cheese   grated
1      jalapeno      chopped
1      scallion         chopped
1/4   tsp   kosher salt
1/4   tsp   pepper         fresh ground
3/4   cup   amber beer
1   pound   kielbasa (6 links)   cut into 4 to 5 pieces

In food processor, add cheese, jalapeno, scallions, salt and pepper.  Pulse until scallions and jalapeno have been blended in with cheese, about 30 to 45 seconds.  Then, run the food processor fully, slowly pouring the beer through the feeder tube, blending until mixture is creamy, about 45 seconds to 1 minute.  Remove from food processor, transferring mixture into a container.  Refrigerate for a couple hours for flavors to meld together.

To make for tailgating, store beer cheese in a small crockpot, keeping liquid warm.  Prepare the grill to high heat.  Halve each kielbasa, and grill, turning just as needed and cook until kielbasa is fully grilled.  Remove from grill, and cut kielbasa into small pieces.  Serve with toothpicks, and let guests dip kielbasa pieces into the warmed beer cheese.
I cook with a flair for the dramatic,
and depraved indifference to calories

OldHickory

This looks to be a great dip, and I love Keilbasa sausage grilled.  Thanks, I will give it a try.
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

squirtthecat

I'm thinking that would work for some Boudin as well!

KyNola

Definitely has my attention.  Thanks Drac!

Waltz

Hmm, Beer. Hmm, Cheese, Hmm, Jalapeno, Hmm, Kielbasa. There is nothing not to like in that dish. Thanks I will give it a try.

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

Thanks Drac, Think I'll make a small kielbasa this weekend and try that!!!

jiggerjams

Batman of BBQ

Don't want to be the best in the world, just the best in my neighborhood.

1 OBS, Nuff Said

Drac

This issue had an article on cooking with beer.  Also had a great one on Beer & BBQ Braised Hot Italian Sausages and Beer Braised French Dip Sandwiches with Mushrooms.  If you like hot stuff Chile Pepper magazine is a good investment.

Speaking of which, we have Zest Fest (www.zestfest2011.com) here in town a week from tomorrow.  I am ready for heading there Friday night and burning up some taste buds  :o  Than on to Norman OK for their Chocolate Festival (http://www.ci.norman.ok.us/content/2012-chocolate-festival-new-location) on Saturday.  Sunday will be firing up the smoker (and maybe grill some kielbasa  ;) ) 

Going to be a good tasting weekend!!!

Jim

KyNola

A question popped into my head about the beer cheese and I thought I would ask the experts here.  I'm wondering if after mixing this all together and you poured it into something like a ramekin and placed it in the frig, would it harden up so one could use it somewhat like a cheese you would spread on a cracker?  I realize you could spread it as is but I'm thinking along the lines of something more firm and dense.

So what do you guys and gals think?  I may have to give this a shot and try it.

Mr Walleye

I wonder if it would separate Larry. Certainly worth a shot though.

I'm going to have to try this as well. Maybe take a little and put it in the fridge and see what happens.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Drac

I don't think it would seperate as you are suppose to refridge before heating up.

Jim

devo

This would be good to ladle over a BBQ,ed hotdog or sausage. Heck it would be good to ladle over eggs in the morning....eggs, beer and cheese  ;D