New to the board and smoking

Started by Sgood, January 31, 2012, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgood

Just picked up a DBS 6 rack and have seasoned it and am going to try my hand at some jerky in the morning. I have the venison sitting in the fridge w/ merinade and plan on smoking at 150 with about two hours of hickory. I am really new to smoking per say but, have smoked on a propane weber genesis for the last couple of years. I can do a good brisket and BBR on it but, never could pull off a pork shoulder. I am hoping the Bradley solves this problem for me.

I have some bubba pucks, frogmats (for jerky), a maverick ET-732, and some apple and mesquite bisquettes on order. Oh and some bear paws for when I perfect that pork shoulder. Is there anything else, I would need right away as a newby?

mikecorn.1

Welcome aboard.
Pretty much is
What I started with. About a year ago I got a PID and I have a fan kit coming. Will be here tomorrow or Thursday. Also I just got a thermapen last week. Oh and
Two days ago I got an LEM GUN  and accessories. :). Yeah get ready to spend some buck$ :)
Almost forgot. I also got an SRG and a Traeger pellet pooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Salmonsmoker

Welcome Sgood. If you are looking for a thermapen by chance- from another forum: http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen_open_box_sale.html   I got mine, looks brand new and has full warranty & works great. The price was still active this morning. Mikecorn...what kind of blower are you looking at/ I have the Auber single probe pid. Works great. I see now they have  a two probe. Another "must have"? ::)
Give a man a beer and he'll waste a day.
Teach him how to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

SouthernSmoked

Welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Salmonsmoker on January 31, 2012, 06:21:12 PM
Welcome Sgood. If you are looking for a thermapen by chance- from another forum: http://www.thermoworks.com/products/thermapen/splashproof_thermapen_open_box_sale.html   I got mine, looks brand new and has full warranty & works great. The price was still active this morning. Mikecorn...what kind of blower are you looking at/ I have the Auber single probe pid. Works great. I see now they have  a two probe. Another "must have"? ::)
Complete fan kit from
smokeandstuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

welcome aboard looks like your going to have a good  start.. good  luck

Shasta bob

Welcome to the forum can't wait to see some of your smokes.
2 ea. Bradley - OBS
Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Temp Test Intelligent Thermometer
Weber Gensis BBQ
Weber Baby Q
Smoke from thermoworks
Blackstone 4 burner

mrmom1956

I need a small fan for my smoker i just built. It's 8'3" long 7' tall and 4' wide. I need the fan to circulate the heat and smoke. It needs to handle up to around 350 degrees for when i smoke chickens. Anybody help me?,
Mike in Edna, Texas
a84fordf1502yahoo.com

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: mrmom1956 on January 31, 2012, 09:49:49 PM
I need a small fan for my smoker i just built. It's 8'3" long 7' tall and 4' wide. I need the fan to circulate the heat and smoke. It needs to handle up to around 350 degrees for when i smoke chickens. Anybody help me?,
Mike in Edna, Texas
a84fordf1502yahoo.com

With a pit that large, you may want to contact The BBQ Guru. Call them they are not good with responding to emails. The largest blower fan they have is 25 CFM Pit Bull.

Their fans are made to function with their temperature controllers, but if you don't want to purchase one of their controllers, the fan will operate off a 12 volt adapter; but will run constantly unless you attach a switch, or variable control switch.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

ghost9mm

Hello and welcome to a really great forum...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill