• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Hi Mountain Snack stick instructions? WTH???

Started by Bigbirdoffroad, January 24, 2012, 08:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbirdoffroad

I picked up a Hi Mtn snack stick kit and looking at the driections it says to Stuff, cure overnight in the fridge. Remove from fridge and sit at room temp for an hour. OK so far it doesn't seem to weird but the cooking instructions have me baffeled. It says to put in a 200 degree smoker for 2 hours or untill IT reaches 165. I thought I needed to start the smoker at 130 for an hour and raise temp 10 degrees per hour untill smoker temp is 170 and stick temp reaches 157? What route do I take?
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

pensrock

You will see ,any people do it differently. I believe at 200 F you will cause the fat to melt and escape causing dry sticks. I start at 140 F for a couple hours or while smoking then bump it to 150 for and hour then 160 but never go over 170. That's how I do it and it works for me.

devo

Their instructions are just general instructions for a wide base of smokers. Go with the increased temps every couple of hours and you will be fine. Good luck on the hi-mountain mix, I'm not a fan of their product.

Bigbirdoffroad

I'll do the bump up method. As far as the Hi Mountain, it's what they had at my local Agway store. I am open to other recipets ;D.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!