• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

First smoke and venison jerky

Started by Sgood, February 01, 2012, 11:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgood

Just bought my smoker, Yesterday morning and have already seasoned and made my first smoke jerky, with it. Bought some Teriyaki jerky mix and cure and some hickory bisquettes. Mixed and with 2lbs. of ground venison carefully trimmed and set if fridge overnight. Woke this morning and it was time to get the show on the road. I got the smoker preheated and the smoke generator going. Why that was warming I took the venison from the fridge, I do not have a jerky shooter or sausage maker to make it perfect. But, I took a small amount of meat at a time and rolled it between the counter and my hand untill it was the desired size. Then placed on the rack (I have some frog mats on order) By this time the smoker is ready to go so, I put the meat in. Set the temp to 170 for 6 hours and the smoke for 2.25 hours.

First my smoker

Jerky as it is going in

And the delicious finished product

I have to say this stuff is just amazing!!! Just a wonderfull flavor of smoke hickory and teriyaki....

DTAggie

Sgood

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

I am planning on a Pork Butt (hmmm pulled pork sammiches) and a Brisket, This weekend for my Super Bowl Party..... ;)

mikecorn.1

Nice jerky. I'm dying to make some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

ghost9mm

Well for the first, you did good partner...enjoy..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Ketch22

Nice job. Try some hole meat venison jerky. you wont ever buy any more. will maybe to give away so you can keep the good stuff. Good luck with the pork butt they are fun to do.