• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Bradley Facility Tour

Started by northof60girl, January 31, 2012, 03:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northof60girl

Hi Brian

Hope your holiday's were good and happy new year!  I am on holiday's Feb 18-25 and heading to New Orleans for a couple days then driving to Biloxi, Mississippi, then a day in Mobile, Alabama and back to the big easy for a day and then heading home.  I would like to come by after that if you can fit me in.  That way I can get some pic's posted for the guys of the magical shop that produces the heavenly smokers!  I work during the week but I'm sure I could take off early one day or if you are around on Saturdays I can come by too.  Let me know what works for you!  If you send me your number I will give you a call the week after I get back and we can set something up.  Will make sure to have fresh cookies!
Talk to you soon

Laurie  :D

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Laurie

Hope you have a great holiday.

Give the office a call @ 604-946-3848 they can transfer you to me and we can set something up.

Brian

CoreyMac

Not many people (zero actually) seem on board with this but I think its a great idea. I would be interested in seeing the home base. :)

Post up pics when you have'em.

Corey

hal4uk

Heck...  I don't even have KEY to the place...
But, you bring FRESH COOKIES, and I'll get CREATIVE...  Let the tour begin!!!
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

Scotty-G

Been watching a show "How It's Made" on the discovery channel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_It's_Made that features 5-10 min segments on a variety of manufacturing and assembly processes. I think it would be awesome if Bradley had their factory and assmembly process featured on that show.

And please - post some picts - curious minds want to know.  Some of the best tours I've been on - Jack Daniels Distillery, Anchor Steam Brewery, Guitard Chocolate Factory, Bicarrdi Rum Factory and Robert Mondovi Winery.  Some day would like to add Bradley Smoker Factory to that list.

carnie1

Quote from: northof60girl on January 31, 2012, 03:36:08 PM
Hi Brian

Hope your holiday's were good and happy new year!  I am on holiday's Feb 18-25 and heading to New Orleans for a couple days then driving to Biloxi, Mississippi, then a day in Mobile, Alabama and back to the big easy for a day and then heading home.  I would like to come by after that if you can fit me in.  That way I can get some pic's posted for the guys of the magical shop that produces the heavenly smokers!  I work during the week but I'm sure I could take off early one day or if you are around on Saturdays I can come by too.  Let me know what works for you!  If you send me your number I will give you a call the week after I get back and we can set something up.  Will make sure to have fresh cookies!
Talk to you soon

Laurie  :D
New Orleans, Mmmm, Can you bring me some olive salad from central grocery to Fort Lauderdale on your way back ?, NePa brought me some and I'm out, Good stuff  :) Hope you have a great trip

beefmann

have a great trip. would also to have a tour of bradley... maybe Bradly could have a once a month group tour

Tenpoint5

As much as we would all like to have a tour of the home office. You guys are all forgetting that the tour that Laurie is talking about is part of her Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange Gift.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

dman4505

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on February 02, 2012, 08:03:21 AM
As much as we would all like to have a tour of the home office. You guys are all forgetting that the tour that Laurie is talking about is part of her Bradley Forum Christmas Gift Exchange Gift.

Sweeeeetttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that's what I call a cool Xmas gift.
Looking forward to the pics.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

northof60girl

Sorry all...been a bit behind the 8 ball the past couple of months.  My trip is this Saturday.  Heading to Seattle for the night then New Orleans from Sunday til Feb 25th.  Renting a car and hitting Mobile, AL, Biloxi, MS and Batan Rouge for a day and the other 3 days in NO.  I have attached a pic here showing 2 x 10 lb pork butts that I picked up today to smoke after I get back for pulled pork.  I'm going to pull it and then vacuum seal it in serving sizes for me without a sauce and then thaw it and add sauce when I feel like eating it.  I will get on the forum and check out the great advice for smoking port butt but feel free to message me any info you think I should need because I know some of you know what's best.  I had to throw them in the freezer til I get back but going to thaw a few weeks after when I have a free weekend.  It was way cheaper to buy bulk so I'm feeling like I got a pretty good deal.  $1.68/lb.  I hope I got a good deal. 
Well, I hope all the regulars are keeping healthy and happy and welcome to all the newbie's I haven't been able to say hello too.
As for the tour.  I will call when I get back and arrange it and make sure to get some pics and maybe even some video that I can post for everyone who lives away from the facility can see it.  I'm sure any trade secrets will be kept under wraps.
Miss talking to you all and will try and do better with keeping up with the board. 
xo
Laurie

Pork Butt by northof60girl, on Flickr

hal4uk

Have a great trip and hope you have fun in NOLA!

A bunch of us on the forum met down there and had a BIG TIME a while back...
Ronbeaux recommended "Oceana" (restaurant) one night, and I really enjoyed it -- I had their BBQ Shrimp --- there are a LOT of variations on BBQ Shrimp recipes, but I really, really liked theirs.  Try it if you get a chance!

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

RossP

Hey Laurie have a blast in NOLA, a dream trip for us, if you need company for the Bradley tour just call and I will gladly tag along and buy drinks for you, Bryan and one for myself I do beleive there is a nice pub up the street from Bradley HQ. Have fun and take lots of pics.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

KyNola

Oceana is located on Conti between Royal and Bourbon Streets.

northof60girl

Thanks guys...will be taking lots of pics of NOLA and video.  My blog is www.northof60girl.blogspot.com if you want to follow and of course will let you all know when the tour is and when to expect pics and video. 
Chat at ya all soon and will check out the restaurant. 

L  :D