• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

anyone ever use cabelas jerky racks?

Started by hybridcx, February 23, 2012, 07:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hybridcx

Just curious as i have been using them for 5+ years and we make a lot of jerky. I have always done my own marinade for a day or two then lay on the racks and put into a cracked oven as low as it would go one oven went 150, the other 160(dunno why) and let go for 6-8 hours. and always had great results.

now that I have my Bradley I am going to first try jerky in here and am also for the first time using a store bought cure. well see how the results are..

i may just smoke in the Bradley and finish on the racks too not sure yet as i don't have the fan mod yet... wither way might be worth checking out instead of a dehydrator as the racks were only 30$...

Keymaster

Sounds like you will have some good Beef Jerky in the near future!! If you have a camera , how a bout a few pictures of your progress. What jerky seasoning did you purchase? best of luck to you!!!

Rad Rich

I made jerky for the first time last weekend. Used cabelas sweet hot seasoning and cure package.  Added about half a cup of brown sugar, two teaspoons of honey, and one finely chopped jalapeno pepper.  Used a electric slicer to cut the venison roast into nice thick quarter inch slices.  Marinated over night. In Bradley for one hour at 140 with no smoke. Then up to 150 for next hour with 2 pucks special blend one puck cherry. Ended smoke and bumped up to 160 for the next 3 hours. Just like others say 5 pounds gone in about 24 hours. They were perfect bend no break, hold them up to the light and they wew rosie red.  I am making a second batch this weekend will take pics. Named it YGS jerky.......   so good... you gonna 0!
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

Rad Rich

Forgot why I replied. I just used my regular Bradley racks sprayed with Pam. Had no trouble at all with sticking. They were big slices though.  And don't forget to rotate the racks every hour.
Smokin is only bad for you when you inhale.

hybridcx

Ended up trying LEM spicy I think it was called, decide to go with it since I saw final product pics on here. I will post pics LEM package should get here wend..