• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Shredded Jerky Chew

Started by JMX, February 24, 2012, 10:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMX

I'm sure you've seen shredded jerky chew at your local gas station in the chewing tobacco size cans. I was curious if anybody has tried to make their own. I had a few questions. Would you use a whole muscle meat or ground beef to make it? How would you shred it real fine? Would a food processor work? Is there any sort of special process to go about making it? Id like to make some that is sort of moist with a lot of flavor (maybe using a BBQ sauce) but I don't know if it would go bad quick. Any info would be great. Thanks

Gizmo

I have seen it but never had it so really can't help you.
I don't think you could get ground to shread so wouldn't think that would work for the texture you are looking for. 
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

cobra6223

I've seen it and ate  many cans of it, it would have to be whole muscle meat is my guess, as far as perserving it the masters would have to help you with that. Well post lots of pics and good luck.

viper125

Ive had it but wasn't really impressed as it seem to go faster with me. But I would think you would do muscle jerky then shred. If it was me Id go to Walmart or any place and buy a small pack of jerky and throw in a processor to try and shred it. That's the only way I could think to find out.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

mikecorn.1

Quote from: viper125 on February 28, 2012, 03:27:00 PM
Ive had it but wasn't really impressed as it seem to go faster with me. But I would think you would do muscle jerky then shred. If it was me Id go to Walmart or any place and buy a small pack of jerky and throw in a processor to try and shred it. That's the only way I could think to find out.
That stuff cost like $5 bucks. Dang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Keymaster

devo

;D It's probably just everything they swept up off the floor at the end of the day  :P

Keymaster

mikecorn.1

Quote from: devo on February 28, 2012, 05:24:19 PM
;D It's probably just everything they swept up off the floor at the end of the day  :P
Lmoa!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

JMX

Haha I imagine they just use left over bits and pieces, shred it up, and make a nice little profit off of it. I might have to try that Weston shredder if my food processor doesn't work out.