Unit will not reach selected heat

Started by smerrittmartin, April 21, 2012, 06:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smerrittmartin

I have a Bradley Digital Stainless Steel Smoker.  I have had the unit for almost 2 years and it has been a pleasure.  Last weekend I tried to smoke salmon.  I set the oven temp to 225 degrees for two hours and set the smoke generator for 2 hours and twenty minutes using Alder bisquettes.  The unit took forever to start heating and never got above 112 degrees on the display which I confirmed with a separate thermometer inside the unit.  The ambient outdoor temp was about 78 degrees. The smoke generator worked fine putting a bisquette in every 20 minutes. Had to finish the salmon in the house in a normal oven.  Any idea what's wrong with my unit and how to fix it?  Thanks, Steve

KyNola

Sounds like only the smoke generator was heating and the heat element in the tower was not functioning.  Turn on the unit, both sides, and give it a few minutes.  Then, open the door a little and see if the element is glowing red.  If it is not, there is your problem.  Start checking for loose connections.

TedEbear

Or a bad element.  A somewhat common problem.

mikecorn.1

When checking for loose connection, pull them and re-seat them to make sure you have no corrosion that might be causing your problem.
Also, you can use a home computer power cord to plug the tower direct to a power outlet and see if the elements come on.
Read this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

Habanero Smoker

Hi Steve;

Sorry to welcome you to the forum in this manner.

The below link may help you diagnosis and hopefully fix your problem.

Bradley Smoker FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)