• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

got started on trying to make some LJ sausage

Started by just a smokin, March 18, 2012, 01:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

just a smokin

well i woke up this am to about 3-4 inches of snow and around -10degrees C or 12 degrees F) ,meanwhile today was suppose to be my day for smoking my landjagger sausage . i have been taking some pics of both the sausage and the smoking process of my doing shall we say. ha ha i just hope  that things turn out OK ,if not the dogs will have a good snack,however i have done a few things different here as i don't have the molds and weight (i hope you know what i mean here) so i have went and put this through my jerky gun and made it so it is 3/8's of a inch thick and 1 inch wide.I do have an additional portable car heater in my smoke house to help make the area warm for the smokers .(so far so good)

so in a couple of hours i will give an update for how things went ..

NePaSmoKer

You can make good LJ with out molds.

I made one for larger LJ.

And use 2 plastic trays for smaller LJ.

just a smokin

well hey i finally finished with the sausage or jerky , which ever you want to call it. i do have pics to send however i can't seem to figure out how to send them. if anyone can please tell me i would be real happy about that .anyways i would say and the wife says also that it turned out fairly good. thanks again and i'll wait for a reply. Dan

Mr Walleye

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

just a smokin

wwooo hhhooo well here i go , this is what i woke up to the other day when i went to get started to smoke this sausage, and yea it was a kinda cool morning

well this is after a lot of mixing stuff up

just a smokin

ha ha oops  looked like i hit the wrong button ,anyways

another look at the fridge as i store this over night

now just tring the slices on the trays properly

you always need to have a good cool pop to help out , anyways moving along

just about done ..

now i'm done getting all of this on the trays ,time to start smokin  :)

again the same

now finally from ther smoke house back to the house

now time to let it cool then start having a snack

ghost9mm

Oh yeah !!! looks real good partner, wonder how long that will last...it would be gone in about a week around here....
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

just a smokin

yea well it's been about 2 days so far and just a 1/4 of it is gone. i know my freinds sure do like it .

Smoke some

you were defiantly busy.....that is quite a load......looks good

SiFumar