• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

farmer sausage?

Started by quefol, May 20, 2012, 10:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quefol

Hello I'm new to making suasage and just bought a new bradley smoker and want to try making some farmer sausage I've already bought some premixed spices and crure but wondering what meat is tipically used and what is the cooking procedure

rajzer

Welcome to the world of sausage making!  There are countless recipes available but as far a the meat for a first time effort, nothing beats a pork butt.  All of us who are into this always stock up when they go on sale.  You can also throw in some beef but I would not go over 10 - 15%.  What spice mixes did you buy?

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: quefol on May 20, 2012, 10:47:30 PM
Hello I'm new to making suasage and just bought a new bradley smoker and want to try making some farmer sausage I've already bought some premixed spices and crure but wondering what meat is tipically used and what is the cooking procedure

You can make farmers sausage in many ways.

Fresh, smoked. With lean beef and pork butt cut in. All beef or pork. If you have pre mixed follow the directions that came with the mix. You can cut it to a 5 lbs batch. Use 1 level tsp cure 1 and i have found with pre mix that 6-7 T of the mix is right for 5 lbs.

Have fun and ask if not sure. There are many experienced sausage makers here to help