• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Question to all !

Started by destrouk, May 22, 2012, 10:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

destrouk

ok I asked around just in case this had been done before ..so here is the question I am not able  to post up pics right now so here is a link

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=28432.0

All said and done this was just over an hour so it got me to thinking .. What other cool and quick smoker recipes are out there .. The scallops went down well looked cool tasted great and didn't require a lot of work ( even tho it looks it )

So fellow Smokers what yer got ????  :D And a thank you for posting

mikecorn.1

Stuffed jalapenos.
Italian Sausage, finely shredded colby and monterrey jack cheese, cream cheese, green onions.  Wrapped in bacon.

No rocket science here. Cut the penos in half, I like to leave the stem on.
Cook and drain the sausage.
Mix with other ingredients (I dont measure, just eyeball to see how much Im gonna need)
Stuff peppers and wrap with bacon
I like to do them in the SRG
Hit them till the bacon is crisp. I never have a problem with the fillin comin out.
I forgot the green onions in the pic  ;D This was enought to make 20 or 40 halves. I used about 1/2 the bag of shredded cheese or maybe a bit more  ::)  Put as much green onion you like or none at all.

Mike

destrouk

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwesome !!!!!!!! and will be doing that  !!!

KyNola

Smoked shrimp! Shells off.  Brine for no longer than 20 minutes.  Let them dry until tacky and then sprinkle some of your favorite Rub on them(think Cajun or Creole), brush with melted butter and a bit more Rub.  Into the smoker at 225 or so and run smoke until you see the shrimp turn that pretty pink color.

Doesn't take long at all. :)

destrouk

Tater

Smoked deviled eggs.
Hard boil them, shell them, cold smoke them for an hour or more then make your favorite recipe.  Very simple with exquisite flavor.

Tater

Another thing that I do that is a favorite of my family is cold smoked steak.  I like to do an hour to an hour and 20 minutes of cherry smoke on New Yorks, season them how you like then straight to the grill.  Since I've already got the smoker fired up I usually smoke more steaks than I need then vacuum pack and freeze the extras for later.  I usually throw some chicken parts in the smoker and freeze them for later as well.