• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Pork Shoulders and Ribs

Started by OldHickory, June 01, 2012, 02:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldHickory

This past weekend was a good time to smoke meat and have some friends over.  Sooooo bought 26# of pork shoulder (or butt ) and 3 racks of loin ribs.

The shoulders

The seasoning

The ribs all seasoned and ready

Two of the four butts seasoned, rubbed and ready for the Bradley

The ribs are in this offset  stick burner with Hickory chunks and Red Oak small logs and the smoke is rolling.  The Butts were started the night before and smoked with Hickory.

Two of the four butts @ 190* IT and ready.

This one is pulled and ready to serve with the ribs, the other three go into the freezer.  I decided to make  banana pudding.  The comercial vanilla wafers are not that good, so I made my own.

Used Alton Browns recipe, and they turned out great.

The pudding just before the Guest attack.

After the first attack.  They finished it a few minutes later.

Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

mikecorn.1

Everything looks awesome. Nice cook. Is the banana pudding Alton's also or your own recipe. It looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike

SiFumar

Fabulous looking!  The banana pudding looks to die for!

sparky1

i love banana pudding.  i want some.   :)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

ghost9mm

WOW that is just plain awesome...shame you live so far away...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

That all looks GREAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but I was really hoping for some ribs.  ;D

OldHickory

Mike, the vanilla wafer recipe is all Altons.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/vanilla-wafers-recipe/index.html.  The Baked  Banana Pudding is also his   http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-banana-pudding-recipe/index.html , but I added more ingredients to make more pudding.  I added: 2 more eggs separated --   3/4c whole milk  --  1/4c sugar --1/4c flour --1/4tsp vanilla extract.  When I put the layer of vanilla wafers on the layer of pudding, I spritzed them with banana liqueur ;D .The meringue is modified to my Mom's old recipe: You now have 6 egg whites --use 1 1/4 tbs sugar/2 egg whites --1/4 tsp cream of tarter --1/4 tsp vanilla extract.  Combine and whip as Alton describes.  Use a 350* oven instead of 400* and it will take approx. 10-15 min's.  I have the add on's becouse we like more pudding. ;)

Curt, sorry no pic's of the finished ribs.  They were grabbed as fast as I cut them. :'(
Bradley DS4 with Auber PID and dual element mod
Char-Broil SRG
Weber kettle with rotisserie
Charmglow 5 burner with rotisserie pgg
Pit Barrel Smoker

We the people own this United States Of America,and the Constitution is our owners manual.

mikecorn.1

Thanks!!  It certainly does look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike