So what grinder and stuffer should I get?

Started by sjmcdowall, July 09, 2012, 08:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pikeman_95

I took a look at the youtube video and that is a stepped flitting auger. I am familiar with stepped flitted augers in my work. In this case it is cool. But for the price you would be fine with the grinder with out it. Notice in the video that the chunk of meat that he shoved through the un-flitted grinder was a big blunt chunk and it did not go through until he used the poker. The strips that he cut for the big bite grinder were in rather thin strips so the auger could grab them. You could get somewhat the same affect it you just cut your meat in thinner strips. Once any auger can grab the meat it will usually pull it through.
KC

Hedlyna

sjmcdowall

Yeah -- it scared me too -- I don't need a heavy duty thing .. 1/2 HP #10 I think should fit my needs for my 1 of 2 times / month doing 5 lb batches .. still not sure what to get .. looking around $150 .. maybe that's not realistic? :(

sjmcdowall

For those who use the LEM 5 LB stuffer -- how exactly does it "clamp" down?  I want to use it on my kitchen center island -- but there isn't a lot of undercounter clamp room -- I would need more a "vacumn" type clamp but can't see how the LEM works...

TIA!

SouthernSmoked

The "Big Bite Technology" I'm a true believer. I rarely have to use the stomper. With my older grinder, that did not use this technology, the meat seemed to balance on the auger and I would have to use the stomper to push it through.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

sjmcdowall

Well I've decided to go all LEM -- the #5 grinder and 5# Stuffer.  Now I just need to be patient til it arrives!  :)