Bavarian sausage

Started by cobra6223, July 09, 2012, 07:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

OK.. well I have a premix spice I would like to use to make this with, however what do I use for meats or does anyone have a favorite recipe to make it with? I knew there was only one place to find the answer and that was here from neatest, nicest, coolest, GREATEST bunch of people I ever met ! As always thanks for your help in advance, I greatly appreciate it !!!
Thanks Again
Tim

3rensho

Well, that's a little hard to answer given that there is no such thing as "Bavarian Sausage".  I would hazard a guess that they may be referring to Weisswurst which is made with veal, pork and pork skin - an emulsified mixture.  The sausages are simmered and eaten with  Bavarian Bretzel and a dark brown sweet mustard.  Delicious with a liter mug of beer.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

rajzer

Since you are using a spice mixture, try following the recipe that it came with.  But as far as the meat, nothing can compete with a pork butt, and you can probably throw in 10 or 15%  beef into the mix.  Veal is just a bit too pricey these days to throw into sausage, unless you are trying to impress the guests at your daughter's wedding.