• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

I have a safety question

Started by Da4cylking, July 31, 2012, 12:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da4cylking

I want to put my Bradley in a small log cabin BBQ stand that I have. Has anyone done this? I was thinking of enclosing it in a cabinet and running a pipe from the vent top outside as well as installing a small vent a hood in  the top of the cabinet. Has anyone done  this yet and any feedback would be greatly appreciated before I go modifying my Log stand..

Mike

Addicted to that smokey yummy stuff

mikecorn.1

Lots of members have their Bradleys inside of home made or purchased enclosures. Some even have them permanently inside the garage with a vent like you mentioned. Do a search and you will be able to see some pics. Maybe some of the members can post their pics also.
Mike

Da4cylking

Thanks so much Mike I saw some neat designs .... headed to Lowe's now to start on a cabinet and grab a vent. Alot of the places I go really don't like my big trailer pit on there grounds. I want this set up so I still put out that great smoke for all to smell and crave  :)

Da4cylking

Bradley under micro\vent combo... vents out the back wall .... seems to work good thinkin about closing it in and tryin er out..Whatchya think ?

Indy Smoker

I'm way ahead of you.  Built this a couple of years ago

Up In Smoke

Quote from: Da4cylking on August 03, 2012, 07:23:25 PM
Bradley under micro\vent combo... vents out the back wall .... seems to work good thinkin about closing it in and tryin er out..Whatchya think ?

Nice setup, the only concern i would have would be the vent fan speed....meaning that if it is too high you may draw more heat out of the cabinet than you want to.
before you make it permanent do a small test smoke, if you have temp problems you may need to  raise the microwave or install a lower cfm fan on top of the Bradley and vent it separately.
Nepas had a post on an external vent fan on here somewhere but i do not remember where.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

TedEbear

Quote from: Da4cylking on August 03, 2012, 07:23:25 PM

The access to the puck feed tube looks hard to get to or is it just the angle of the pic?