Kielbasa - Aug

Started by ratherbboating, August 11, 2012, 07:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ratherbboating

Followed Bruce Aidells smoke kielbasa recipe from his book.  Finished them off in a hot water bath.  I wasn't paying close enough attention to the IT and the second batch got a little warmer (about 175) before I pulled them.  That is the reason for the red color in them.  But they still tasted good.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

Keymaster

Looks really good, Nice job!!!

OU812

Niiiiiice

A big ol hunk of that on a bed of kraut would be gooood right bout now

Tenpoint5

Looks good get them cold before you loose that red juice(Fat). That is where all your flavor is going to be, since they started to fat out on you they might be dry when you cook them again. So a bed of kraut might just go good with them.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Sam3

Nice 'basa.
We're you happy with the taste? Anything you Add or delete from the recipe?

NePaSmoKer

Aint looking cuz im not making sausage until all settled in RV.

I may have to re train  :o

ratherbboating

I was not paying close enough attention to the IT when I gave them a water bath (I was busy putting up peas into the freezer) and I should have put them into ice water to cool them off faster.  The taste is good (had one for breakfast).  I will be trying some more of Aidells recipes from his book.  He has a chicken and duck one that I need to try.
I will try this one again, when we eat it up.  The meat was fresh ham steaks that the butcher mad into roasts.  I raise my own pigs and ducks and beef.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child