• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Question for Kevin A (and anyone else who wishes to reply!)

Started by jleiwig, August 24, 2012, 02:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jleiwig

I noticed that you have this accessory for your grinder

Would that be preferential for snack sticks over just getting a 3/8" stuffing tube for my 5 lb vertical stuffer?

I only singled out Kevin because I know he has this accessory, but anyone else wishing to respond is welcome to do so.

pensrock

IMHO I would never use a grinder to stuff with. I have the grinder accessory and its still unused. I would consider trying it only if both my stuffers failed. From the looks its bound to work better than a standard grinder but I have not used one. I'm sure someone who has will chime in soon.  :)

Kevin A

Having used that 'speed auger' on the grinder stuffing attachment, it's a significant improvement over the 'standard' stuffing attachments—faster, better (steady) flow rate, easy to control.

But given a choice between continuing to use my grinder as a stuffer versus a stand-alone stuffer, hands-down the vertical (or horizontal) stuffer is the way to go.

The speed auger does improve the grinder's stuffing capability—but using the grinder is still a much less efficient method to get well-stuffed, even links that one can get consistently with a separate stuffer.

Kevin

jleiwig

Thanks all.  I'm off to order the 3/8" stuffing tube!