• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Children's Hospital, Omaha Nebraska

Started by Tiny Tim, April 29, 2011, 07:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

The radio station I listen to (KXKT - 103.7FM - Omaha) is having a radiothon this weekend to raise funds for the Children's Hospital in Omaha.  I just made a small online donation, and ask the rest of you to consider doing so, even if you decide not to.  The phones are off for today, but donations can be made online at the link I'll include.  I made a 1-time payment...you can do that, or make a recurring payment to spread out your generous gift over a few months to a year, or even several years.  If doing a one time payment, there is a line in there saying to make payments through a certain date, I put in tomorrow's date.  I'm sure you can figure it out.

Even though I have no kids, and frankly have never cared if I ever do, this is one cause/organization that I have always liked and have been wanting to contribute to...just never had the funding to do it until today.

No replies are necessary to this post, I normally don't brag about my donations, and do not like publicity for them, so, if you must post anything, a smiple "Thank you for the link" will suffice...my greatest enjoyment will come from watching the "Times Read" number increase.

Here's the link:  http://www.childrensfoundationomaha.org/body_foundation.cfm?id=1910

dman4505

Thanks for the link Tim, my granddaughter spent a few days there last year being diagnosed and treated for a diabetes related incident. I listen to "The KAT" myself and really think what they're doing is great.

Don
"I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight."

The Man's Prayer: I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

jiggerjams

OU812

Thanks for bringing this to the people Tim.

I'm right here and have not herd about this till now.

My first daughter, who is a happy mother of 2 herself right now, was born 8 weeks premature and spent the first 4 months of her life in that hospital.

She was only 2 lb 8 oz when born and less than a foot long.

That hospital IS a life saver in so many ways.

Thinking about it brings a tear to my eye.

iceman

Tiny Tim

Hi all.  Just found out the dates for the 2012 Radiothon for Omaha's Children's Hospital, and it happens to be this weekend.  Posting the link to the radio station's page on it, and that page has a donation link.

http://www.thekat.com/pages/radiothon2012.html

Thanks for looking.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Swim Dad

Awesome.  Thanks all.  My wife was Operations Manger at that group of stations until we got transferred down to STL in July, but she is still doing an airshift the 96.1 The Brew.  Gina and Steve are good people. We will miss them.

Children's is a great hospital.  Still paying off a few bills there myself.  ;D 

If you ever get the chance they have this very elaborate "marble run" display in a lobby.  Can get stuck for a long time watching it.

Thanks for supporting KAT and Children's

OBS duel element, duel PID
Weber Genesis 1000 (very old)
Dog
Kids
Wife
(in that order)