• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

No Smoke

Started by SmokinginChicago, September 14, 2012, 04:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmokinginChicago

For some reason my smoker isn't generating any smoke. Any ideas or helpful suggestions?

KyNola

This will be my suggestion.  Remove the smoke generator from the tower.  Disconnect all the cords from it and turn it upside down.  You will find 8 screws around the perimeter of the bottom of the generator.  Remove them(no it won't void the warranty) and don't remove the screws in the middle.  The generator will open clamshell type.  Check the connections in there to make sure they are firmly connected.  Button everything back up and see if it will start smoking.

Beyond that, contact Bradley as their customer service is excellent.

SmokinginChicago

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been using my smoker for a couple of years and I was just impatient :)  after i posted i went back outside and the smoke was billowing. I need to have more patience and have a cocktail instead of panicking lol. I have a couple of briskets smoking and getting ready to wrap them in some foil, refill the water and hit the sack while they cook overnight.

TedEbear

Yep.  If you just turn the SG on and let it advance the pucks it takes 60 minutes before the first puck gets on the hotplate, at 20 minutes per cycle.  Then probably another 10 minutes before you'll notice any smoke rolling out the vent, so that's 70 minutes total.

When I start mine I advance it with the button until the first puck is just shy of moving onto the hotplate.  By the time the next 20 minute cycle is through and it pushes the puck onto the plate it is nice and hot.

If you've been using your smoker for a couple of years it's a good idea to take it apart and clean out the chips anyway.   ;)