CORNED BEEF AGAIN

Started by slowpoke, September 25, 2012, 04:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowpoke

It's getting cooler here at nights,so I just have to put down the first CB of the year.

All the secret goodies that go into brine.

The Meat
Combine meat and brine in plastic container put in fridge for 3weeks.Then corn beef hash here I COME.
If your looking back at the things you missed,You won't know what hit you.

OU812

Now comes the fun part,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,wait

I loooove corned beef hash

JZ

I will be 60 yrs old in a few months and still have never had corned beef hash.

I love corned beef and I did some hash when I was a lot younger, but I am sure this is not the combo you are talking about. ::) 

slowpoke

Quote from: JZ on September 26, 2012, 06:31:13 PM
I will be 60 yrs old in a few months and still have never had corned beef hash.

I love corned beef and I did some hash when I was a lot younger, but I am sure this is not the combo you are talking about. ::)
When your corn beef is finished curing,rinse it under cold water alittle bit,roast it in the oven with just water.when cooked,put it through
a food processor.Put meat and chopped onion in sauce pan with 1/2 cup of butter heat till onions are caramelize,about 4min.Add all this
to a pot of mashed potatoes stirring all together.Thats about it.I'm only 59 so I don't know any other way to do hash. ;D

KyNola

Or......when that corned beef is finished curing, rub a pastrami rub on it and smoke it, continue cooking and say HELLO PASTRAMI!  ;D

slowpoke

ratherbboating

Be sure to post pictures when it is finished.  :)
I had wondered if you could use sirloin tip instead of brisket.  I have a big tip roast in the freezer and would like to do something with it.  Corn beef would work for me.
The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude. Julia Child

slowpoke

I use sirloin tip or moose roast and they come out good.I try to get as much fat off as I can before brining the meat.After it's cured
you can freeze the meat to cook later.I'm rambling again  :o