• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Finally Made Up my Mind

Started by JZ, November 08, 2012, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JZ

and got the Weston grinder. Went into town today and here she is.

]
]
]
]
This thing is heavy duty and I think (hope) it will last a very long time. Can't wait to try it out. First all the parts need to be washed out then the moving parts will get silicon spray treatment.

Keymaster

Thats a nice meat grinder JZ. Glad you were finally able to get the one you wanted and that looks like a doozie :P

mikecorn.1

Man, that's a big boy. Nice.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike

beefmann

congrats. great looking machine

iceman

Bad news JZ. I just did a background check and found out your not signed off to operate that equipment. So just let me know what freight is to Alaska and ship it this way ASAP and you won't get a citation!  ;D
Your going to enjoy that bad boy for sure  ;)  Nice score buddy.

devo

OH man you would have to show me something like that wouldn't you.
OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have OK I have enough toys enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys

JZ

QuoteOK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have OK I have enough toys enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys OK I have enough toys

You can NEVER have enough toys (I MEAN TOOLS). ;)

Just a short while ago, I recall asking the question " Is it cheaper to make your own sausage than buying it." I now know the answer and it is ABSOLUTELY NOT.

I had to try this bad boy out and we had a bunch of pork in the freezer. So I thawed it out, deboned it, cut it into slices about 1" to 2" wide and got the grinder set up. I ran 9lbs of pork through the coarse plate and it took about a minute or so. :o  The grinder didn't slow down and as fast as I could drop strips of meat into the chute it was spit out the other end. This thing is friggen awesome. Then I mixed up the spices and cure with the meat and reground with the small plate. For this grind I had to use the stomper to push the sticky meat down the chute and it still fed the sticky mix through a small plate way faster than the old grinder would grind fresh meat and with no effort.

]
]
This thing is a beast. ;D

It is hard to believe that this grinder and my other grinder are both #12's. It is like comparing a Mack truck to a moped. :o

NePaSmoKer

The Cyclone auger works way better than trying to use a KA for stuffing.

Congrats on the new tool.

JZ

Thanks Rick..... I have a stuffer and only use the KA for mixing (sometimes). I'm going to try the cyclone on my next batch of sticks. :)

OU812

Now you gone and did it!  ;D

Theres no turnin back now!  ::)

That bad boy is gonna have you makin more N more sausage.

I grind my own ground beef, most of the time I can get chuck or sirloin roast cheaper than GB

A little tip, you should get a separate knife for each plate and use the same side of the plate each time, they will last longer.

Just sayin  ;)

JZ

Thanks for the tip curt and I know what you are saying about GB prices. Around here it is usually around or just over $4 lb and there is always some beef on sale. I got a few outside round roasts on sale for $2.48 lb and made some ground beef and have just discovered making Pastrami (as you know ;)) and used some of the roast for that. I just cut it in half lengthways. Which reminds me ..... I need to make more pastrami. Somebody ate most of the stuff I made last time. ::)

Caribou

Wowee! That's so great :)
I want one of those!

Carolyn