• Welcome to BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors".

Turkey with popcorn stuffing

Started by Tiny Tim, November 13, 2012, 08:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiny Tim

Here is a turkey recipe that also includes the use of popcorn as a  stuffing – imagine that.

10-15 lb. turkey
2 cup melted butter
2 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm  is Good.)
2 cup uncooked popcorn  (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT.....of course)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan  with the neck end toward the back of the oven.

Listen for the popping sounds.

When the  turkey's ass blows the oven door open and the turkey flies across the room, it's done.

I bet you thought I was gonna post something serious once. :D

GusRobin

Quote from: Tiny Tim on November 13, 2012, 08:03:00 PM

I bet you thought I was gonna post something serious once. :D

Naw, we knew better. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Consooger

is this for real, this sounds soo good to try but I heard that once when a fraternity brother of mine told another brother to throw a frozen turkey into a turkey fryer and it would be ok, and the rest is history.
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Tiny Tim

There are recipes online for popcorn stuffing, but they all use popped.  What I posted was solely as humor.

Consooger

Quote from: Tiny Tim on November 13, 2012, 08:39:32 PM
There are recipes online for popcorn stuffing, but they all use popped.  What I posted was solely as humor.

my fraternity brother's recipe I believe was solely for humor as well.....
"Telling you to invest in smoking your own jerky because buying it so much was getting way too expensive was the worst thing I could have ever done to us, now look at the monster I have created!" :-)
               -My Wife

Tiny Tim

Figured that, but I was following up with serious, as there are people that do use popped popcorn in stuffing...had sort of misread the first part of your post.  Remember, I'm not quite right in the head. lol

Consooger

we're all not quire left in the head, or right, or did i mean left, wait i mean wright, yeah I think I got it! HAH :o
               -My Wife

Tiny Tim

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Tiny Tim on November 13, 2012, 09:33:24 PM
Figured that, but I was following up with serious, as there are people that do use popped popcorn in stuffing...had sort of misread the first part of your post.  Remember, I'm not quite right in the head. lol

When I first read this, I was hoping the popcorn would pop inside the turkey.  ;D

I just ordered some Poppycock popcorn, for the gift baskets I'm making. Mixing in some of their flavored popcorn may work very well with this.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

mikecorn.1

Lol! You got me. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
Mike