How was your day?

Started by Quarlow, November 16, 2012, 09:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

Today sucked ass. I got to my truck and so much for $225 a month secured parking. Broke in stole the company cell, stereo (not worth the effort to take out haha) my garmin GPS (which I never leave in the truck normally) and Wombat's Nintendo DS. Along with some tools and misc. stuff. Then 7 hours to load and unload half the trailer cause they screwed up, then reload. Then problems with my paperwork at the port which sucked cause our office staff were already gone home so it took 3 1/2 hours to get that straight only to walk over to my truck and find the doors locked with the keys inside. Luckily another guy with a similar truck said try my key and lo and behold it worked. I think that explains how they got into my truck cause nothing was damaged making my boss blame me for leaving it unlocked which I know I didn't. Then after all that I still had to go get another container and take it all the way to Lakecity to drop for the useless prick that works for us but thinks he is to good for loading his own trailers. So I got to work from 5am till 8:15 pm. Boy do I love trucking. When I win the lottery I am going to keep on working and maybe for free. :o
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Habanero Smoker

I have to say; that is one hell of a rough day. 

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Wildcat

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 17, 2012, 02:04:25 AM

Ditto. I thought I had a rough day at the golf course until I read this!

At least you know that what comes around goes around.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Quarlow

Quote from: Wildcat on November 17, 2012, 03:21:25 AM
Quote from: Habanero Smoker on November 17, 2012, 02:04:25 AM

Ditto. I thought I had a rough day at the golf course until I read this!

At least you know that what comes around goes around.
You know I really wish that was true while they are here on earth. Unfortunately the only time you can be sure is when they meet the maker.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

muebe

Sorry to hear that Q

You know I have really bad days like that sometimes where nothing goes right and then I come home and see my kids.... And then everything is better ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

FLBentRider

Sorry to hear that Q.

Sometimes I think I am having a bad day, and I think to myself... someone else somewhere else is probably having a worse day.

I hope things get better for you.

And that's not funny about the keys...
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

JZ

That sucks! >:( But on the positive side .........it can only get better. ;D

Keymaster

That sucks Q, But try being the school districts Locksmith and locking your keys and all the tools you use to break in to cars in your work van and you have to call your boss to bring you the spare set of van keys.Talk about a rash of crap from the entire crew. That happened twice and I finally carry a spare van and office key in my wallet. Keymaster don't like being laughed at ;D

Jim O

Rough one, Q- I know what you mean about the keys. We had 60 local trucks and 150 line haul trucks. Same key fit all city units and another fit all line haul units- Talk about security ???

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Quarlow

Thanks guys. Randy you are so right. Someone is always worse off.

OBS
BBQ